Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

Party Time

4/16/2006

I think I said before if there's any excuse to have a party, we have one. Last night was a Costume Party in celebration of April Birthdays. I thought of going to the Skua pile, but instead decided on the Red Green theme. Of course no one got it nor even heard of the show, so I ended up being a Canadian lumberjack. Heck, I'm half Canadian.

Bill the safety guy showed up in a quasi space costume, our Bavaian research associate had on Liederhosen, we had the Flying Nun who took a dive, and of course guys in togas. Patrick, the System Administrator posted a picture of me on his blog site. He's got a wicked sense of humor. Then you must check out one of our esteemed science technicians, Neal, who was able to fit into a white liesure suit. What a pimp!

*Skua - a scavenger gull type bird. The name is used to denote a collection of items (clothes, electronics, etc.) left for others to use.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Green is the best documentary about Onatario life I've ever seen. It explains so much about my friends from the Great White North.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home