Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

"The Dark Side of Oz"

6/9/2007

Saturday night, almost the middle of the year. Back home it's sunny and warm. I haven't been on a beach in quite a while, and I'm looking forward to a 'Jimmy Buffett' experience - carribbean/pacific island sand beneath my feet, sun on my face, with a cold drink at hand. Well a couple of people here helped bring a bit of that with a Carribean Party Theme replete with Mai Tais, Pina Colatas, and marinated meat on K-bobs. Women wore tropical dresses adding to the theme.
Next we headed back to Building 155 for margaritas since we were in our tropical gear. Some black lights were rigged up, giving everyone funky look. People were complementing me on my 'white' teeth though.

Finally we moved the party to the viewing lounge setup in the back galley seating area to watch Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Rainbow' (aka 'Dark Side of Oz). I had no idea how many Pink Floyd fans we had nor had I ever seen the Wizard of Oz from beginning to end.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 04, 2007 2:02:00 AM, Blogger Craig said...

Keep bloggin', always fun to keep up with you. Going back next year?
Craig

 
At Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you aren't a message boy, but damned if I can find any info to get a hold of or message Chad Carpenter. That sorry dog is still taking pictures I guess. Brad Barker

Baracuda@tx.rr.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home