Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

Sunrise Art Show

9/10/2006

The cardboard window coverings started coming down after months of use keeping the station light from interfering with sensitive experiments and also helping with insulation. The artistic coverings in the galley also had to go, but to allow for a transitional phase instead of just pulling the shades aside, letting in the flood of light, we had an art show.


I remember in grade school doing fingerpainting and making pottery. I can't imagine what went through my mother's head when I would hand her my latest creation, and she'd smile and say how wonderful it was, while trying to figure out what it was.

Some people don't have that problem. Some people used wood (making bowls, cups, and frames), others used metal, and a few turned to weaving.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 28, 2006 1:11:00 AM, Blogger  said...

Howdy do, Erik,
You don't know me but I was wondering if you could 'just' visit my Yahoo Group, as an experiment, to see if Antarctica shows-up on my (recently added) Cluster Map?

It’s a, sort-of, projection map and, of course, Antarctica is ENORMOUSLY distorted.

If you will copy & paste the url, cool, it not, cool too.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tor_Hershman/

Stay on Groovin' Safari,
TOR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home