Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

Ice Radio

3/31/2007

One of the nice things we have down here is radio, real radio. We've got two official stations: 93.9 FM & 104.5 FM, which are affiliates of the Armed Forces Network. A few of us 'happy campers' put on radio shows. Brian (a.k.a. 'Moose') and Matt host a show Saturday nights called 'Redneck Radio'. Don't ask me why they called it that, but its becoming an institution.


The whole setup is pretty archaic. The control board is old and must have a short in it because when you try to 'queue' a song the background leaks through the speakers. Instead of mp3 files on a computer we've got shelves of CDs along with vinyl records believe it or not!

Still it's cool to have something like this. I'm even considering taking up the opportunity to DJ myself.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, April 28, 2012 1:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put it on the internet!!! I want to listen.....specilly to here Moose again.....with his rants and raves!!!!

 
At Monday, December 10, 2012 5:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to hear the broadcast!My Man is the DJ on Thursday night's.
You are my stud muffin :)Phil.
Dec. 2012

 

Post a Comment

<< Home