Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

Where did the weekend go?

6/4/2006

This weekend was one of our rare two day weekends. We get the first weekend of every month, and we’ve got only three of them left. We’re approaching mid-Winter (June 21), and the half-way point of my tour here has come and gone. Here’s a group picture of the 2006 South Pole Winter-Overs, minus a few people.


We’ll the weekend started off with a jaunt down to the Dodgy Bastards Bar, where yours truly joined in the musical ensemble to ‘Changes in Latitude’, then a game of Twister ensued. I think the next time I participate there better be an equal male/female ratio.

After sleeping in on Saturday, which felt wonderful, I had to get a switch setup for ‘Frag Fest’ which was an all out computer gaming festival – Quake 4, Doom 3, Medal of Honor, Civilization 4, Rome, etc. I sat down and started playing Quake 4 around 2 PM, and the addict I am, I played until I finished – 12 hours later. Arghhhh! That’s why I don’t buy any games or own a Xbox or Playstation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home