Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

Talk Like a Pirate Day

9/19/2006

Hmm, I don't know if I even need to mention this day, just go to the website below. In any case, this was started by two guys who basically wanted to foster a 'care-free' attitude which they thought was emulated by the 'pirate life'. One of the guys here brought down their book, which mentions priates in Antarctica. I leafed through it early in the season.

I had no idea this pirate thing was so big. Check out http://pirates.meetup.com/. There's even an entry for the South Pole.

Coincidentally I brought down the pirate flag used in our Kinetics races. I flew it at the Pole marker and it's now decorating the galley.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home