Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

Moving Day

10/11/2006

Well some of us must vacate our Winter digs to make room for the incoming 'Ice Vetrans'. I'm going into the new A4 wing where the rooms are smaller (the same size as my 'Summer' room), and once again I got an inside room instead of a window which I wanted. It feels like living in a hole at times, but it's only for a few weeks.

I'll slowly start to move my belongings over, finishing up on the weekend. Since the room is smaller, the move is forcing me to pack up my things for my eventual departure. We only get 140
lbs to fly out with, and that includes our carryon, checked-luggage, and ECW gear. I plan to travel as light as possible, so I'm shipping anything I don't need for my New Zealand travels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home