Antarctica Dispatch

Journal of my Antarctic experience working to support the United States Antarctic Program.

Party at the Bottom of the World

6/9/2006

A few weeks ago I sent an email to Radio Margaritaville to say ‘Hi’ from the ‘Party at the Bottom of the World’. That email slowly made its way up through the various channels until someone contacted me, and said Jimmy Buffett wanted a brief video. Since Jimmy’s concert tour and new song is titled “Party at the End of the World”, it kinda makes us unique. Together with Craig (fellow Parrothead) we made a short video of everyone saying ‘Hi’ to Jimmy and sent it on its way.

After the satellite came up, I clicked on Radio Margaritaville. They were broadcasting his Cincinnati, OH concert. The next thing I heard left me speechless. He mentioned the South Pole, that we had a bar down there, and then he launched the video. So I guess I can say I was on stage with Jimmy!

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik- truly outstanding! Damn I wish they had that at one of the shows we went to.

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woops- posted before leaving my name. Again, strong work!

 
At Friday, June 30, 2006 4:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I guess that means that we'll have to roadtrip to another show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home